Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

April 25, 2013: Verdi Concert with Rolando Villazon in Frankfurt

2013-04-25 Verdi concert, Alte Oper Frankfurt

Rolando Villazon, tenor

Guerassim Voronkov, conductor
Czech National Symphony Orchestra


Rolando Villazon was his usual animated self. Acting every ounce of the arias.

PROGRAMME

Nabucco - Ouverture

I Lombardi - La mia letizia infondere (I would have loved it even more if he had sung Don Carlo - Io l'ho perduta as previously announce)

I Masnadieri - Preludio

Il Corsaro - Eccomi prigioniero

The romance Il Mistero orchestrated by Luciano Berio (I would have liked it more if he had sung the original even though Berio can be fun)

Luisa Miller - Ouverture

Luisa Miller - Quando le sere al placido

PAUSE

Otello - Preludio ( interesting piece but Verdi did not write a prelude to Otello, did he?)

Oberto - Ciel che feci! .... Ciel pietoso

Macbeth - Balletti

Macbeth - O figli .... Ah, la paterna mano

I vespri Siciliano - Ouverture

Romance (Berio) Deh pietoso, oh addolorata

L'esule


3 extras: romance Non t´accostare all´urna, Il poveretto, Brindisi

OD Travel & Photos
Original blog post

For more reviews from my travels, see www.operaduetstravel.com If you want to see more photos from my OperaDuets Travels, go to www.operaduetsphotos.com

No comments: